Monday, March 4, 2013

To Uganda I Return

This year I am leading a team of 16 people to Uganda for 10 days. Thanks to a wonderful church in Nebraska, we have raised over $100,000 toward the building of the new baby’s home! We give God all the glory and praise! These funds are earmarked for the building so we are not allowed to use them to cover the team’s travel cost. Each team member is expected to raise $2,600 for the trip. So far, I have only raised $593.00. As a team leader, I have an additional $1,500 that is raised by the other team members, which leaves me with a balance of $507 to raise before we leave. I am planning to have a yard sale in April to help raise funds as well. This year, the majority of our team members are men. We have several men who are in construction because we plan to build the first building for the baby’s home. We want to be able to move the children to the site in Mokono, Uganda to avoid continuing to pay rent in Kampala. In addition, while we are in Mokono, we will be ministering to widows and other community members through prayer, donations of goods, and fellowship. We also plan to hold vacation bible school at Kidron Valley Orphanage in Jinja which ministers to over 100 children in the community. I am very excited about this trip because it will be my first time to travel to Uganda and stay outside of Kampala. Also, I’m excited because the Lord has provided the funds to really begin building. Since my trip last May, we have raised the funds to dig a well on the land. This has been such a blessing to the community to have clean water! The folks in Uganda have completed a latrine and are now working on a guard shack. In addition, we have continued to raise and support the baby’s home monthly at $4,000 per month. Each month is a struggle to meet our goal, but the Lord always provides. I’m so excited to see what the Lord has in store for our team on this year’s trip. Below are some photos of some of the work that has been done in the past. Thank you all for your continued prayers and financial support. To donate to my trip click here or please send checks to: A Helping Hand Adoption Agency 1510 Newtown Pike Ste 152 Lexington, KY 40511

No comments:

Post a Comment