Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Warning: Spiritual Retreat Needed: Post Oozes Self Pity

Sometimes the burden I feel on my soldiers from the stress from my job is overwhelming. I have staff who depend on me, I have families who depend on me, and I have children who are depending on me. Even though I know that the burden is not mine to carry and that God’s burden is light, sometimes it is difficult to really give it to Him. I want to, but I keep picking it back up again. There are days when I want to quit and run away. I remember my mom used to say the same thing when I was growing up. I know that everyone feels this way from time to time. I also feel the lies from the enemy creeping in saying, “You are not enough, you can’t do it, you’re going to fail”, or “if you had a spouse or someone to share your burdens with everything would be easier”. I know these are all lies because I do have someone to share my burdens with and He is the best support I could ever need. He is always faithful, and I cannot fail when I am relying on Him. He knows my needs before I even express them. Today has been challenging and all before 10AM. Perhaps a vacation is due. Perhaps a spiritual vacation is due!

No comments:

Post a Comment